Dairy Training: Business by the Numbers
For managers, self-employed or those considering self-employment.
$249 Free for Rural Accountants clients
• Short course (3 part days in person, or online)
• Held between milkings
• Small class size (limited numbers)
Register your interest with the form below at , 0800 308 5015 or contact Dairy Training’s Eleri Williams, 022 195 1190,
Visit dairytraining.co.nz for more course information
Get practical techniques and confidence to manage the numbers in an agribusiness.
Do you want to...
- Upskill your business knowledge at a course supported by Rural Accountants
- Build a positive and profitable financial plan for going forward
- Learn alongside other farmers and from farmers (Dairy Training tutors are farmers)
- Learn tools for good financial decision making
- Learn or enhance your budgeting skills
- Investigate future options for big-picture goals like self-employment or growing your sharemilking or farming business
- Communicate with your bank and accountant to get the support and understanding you need
- Feel comfortable in a supportive, interactive, and user-friendly learning environment for all levels
- Qualify with the Business by the Numbers credential (15 Level 5 credits) to be recognised in future agribusiness Diploma studies.
- Collecting good financial information
- Developing annual budgets
- Calculating milk income (an introduction)
- Estimating and tracking monthly expenses
- Predicting your working capital (OD) requirements
Rural Accountants, Whakatane
Day 1: Day 2: Day 3:
14 April 5 May 19 May
(10-2pm each day)
Great local Accountants. They provide an excellent service with great explanations for the layman. They provide accounting services for non rural clients too.
Rural Accountants is a real asset to our business.
The team at Rural Accountants pretty much manage all our administrative tasks for the group including payroll and tax planning, ensuring we don’t pay any more than necessary. They are at the forefront of technology and have helped us get up and running with Xero and Figured which is much more efficient than the way we used to work.
Christine is very knowledgeable, great to deal with and knows our business well. She is also a sheep & beef farmer so knows the industry really well and understands our needs.
Rural Accountants keeps us on track through strategic and forward planning meetings throughout the year. Christine knows our business inside out so she can deal with our questions instantly.
What Our Customers Think
I used to work out my GST and process it manually which would take me at least a full day every two months. The team set up reconcilliation rules and other quick tools, and showed me how to do all my reconcilliations and process my GST returns through Xero which now takes me no time at all!
As a farmer, Christine understands our business and how farmers and growers operate.
We use Rural Accountants to provide a full accounting service to an orcharding partnership which operates a number of orchards with a wide spread of varieties and management systems. Rural Accountants are always timely and accurate, and their annual financial accounts are extremely easy to understand and very grower-friendly.