Financial Support Packages for Covid Affected Businesses
As you may well be aware of, the Government has recently released details of the new financial support for business affected by Covid. Below are a few details outlining the new packages:
A new targeted COVID Support Payment (CSP)
- Viable and ongoing businesses must show a 40% or more drop in revenue.
- The COVID Support Payment will be $4,000 per business plus $400 per full-time employee up to 50 full-time employees.
- Applications for the first payment opened yesterday February 28 2022 and it will be available on a fortnightly basis for six weeks – three payments in total.
Top up loan available under the Small Business Cashflow Scheme (SBCS)
- In February 2022, the Government announced that the SBCS base loan would increase from $10,000 to $20,000. Therefore eligible business are able to drawdown an additional $10,000.
- The repayment period remains at 5 years with the first 2 years being interest free.
- From the first day of year 3, interest will apply at 3% of the remaining loan balance.
Other support packages that remain available are:
Leave Support Scheme (LSS)
- The LSS provides a weekly lump sum payment for workers who must self-isolate and cannot work from home. The payment is $600 per week for full-time workers, and $359 per week for part-time workers. Employers and self-employed people are able to apply for LSS on Work and Income’s website.
This link has more information regarding the Leave Support Scheme.
Short-Term Absence Payment (STAP)
- The STAP is a one-off (once per 30 days) payment of $359 for workers who are absent from work due to a COVID-19 test and cannot work from home. Employers and self-employed people are able to apply for STAP on Work and Income’s website.
As your tax agent we cannot make any applications for these financial support packages on your behalf, however if you have any questions or queries regarding the application process please contact us.
Great local Accountants. They provide an excellent service with great explanations for the layman. They provide accounting services for non rural clients too.
Rural Accountants is a real asset to our business.
The team at Rural Accountants pretty much manage all our administrative tasks for the group including payroll and tax planning, ensuring we don’t pay any more than necessary. They are at the forefront of technology and have helped us get up and running with Xero and Figured which is much more efficient than the way we used to work.
Christine is very knowledgeable, great to deal with and knows our business well. She is also a sheep & beef farmer so knows the industry really well and understands our needs.
Rural Accountants keeps us on track through strategic and forward planning meetings throughout the year. Christine knows our business inside out so she can deal with our questions instantly.
What Our Customers Think
I used to work out my GST and process it manually which would take me at least a full day every two months. The team set up reconcilliation rules and other quick tools, and showed me how to do all my reconcilliations and process my GST returns through Xero which now takes me no time at all!
As a farmer, Christine understands our business and how farmers and growers operate.
We use Rural Accountants to provide a full accounting service to an orcharding partnership which operates a number of orchards with a wide spread of varieties and management systems. Rural Accountants are always timely and accurate, and their annual financial accounts are extremely easy to understand and very grower-friendly.