Our New Normal at Level 2
Now that we are in Level 2, we wanted to share with you what this looks like for us at Rural Accountants and the safety procedures we have in place to keep our team and community safe through this next stage of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Before we jump into the all important (yet rather serious!) health & safety notes, we wanted to take the opportunity to thank you all for your support and patience over the past two months. We appreciate that many of our clients did not have ready access to the remote working systems we were all forced into using, and some had not even used such systems before either.
This was a huge transition and challenge for us all, and we are so humbled by the incredible support we received throughout this period.
Customer Service in Level 2
So we are now able to open our offices again as our team return to a slightly “enhanced” way of operating and working together while the risk of Covid-19 is still here. For this reason, we have given our team the choice to work from the office or from home, or a combination of this through the week.
This means your client manager will be available to meet you at the office, or you can arrange a Zoom meeting online as we have been doing so to date. You can now also use our reception as the drop point for any documents you need to leave for us.
Some of the health & safety procedures we have in place include:
- No entry if you are unwell – we are asking people to stay home if they feel unwell plus we have a digital thermometer for taking everyone’s temperature when they arrive at the office. Anyone with a raised temperature will be sent home immediately.
- Keeping a 2m distance rule – we are choosing to keep with the 2m distance as we have so many older clients and others who have compromised immunity whom we want to keep safe.
- Regular surface cleaning – throughout the day we will ensure all shared surfaces are cleaned, especially in our reception area. Hand sanitiser & disinfectant wipes are also available at our reception desk to use as needed.
- Contact tracing register – this is kept at reception to record all details of people who come into the office each day.
- Embrace the bow – we can’t shake your hand when we greet or farewell you but we can give a small bow or wave to say Thank you.
- If you have any questions or concerns at all regarding visiting our premises or dropping any documents then please don’t hesitate to call or email us first.
Great local Accountants. They provide an excellent service with great explanations for the layman. They provide accounting services for non rural clients too.
Rural Accountants is a real asset to our business.
The team at Rural Accountants pretty much manage all our administrative tasks for the group including payroll and tax planning, ensuring we don’t pay any more than necessary. They are at the forefront of technology and have helped us get up and running with Xero and Figured which is much more efficient than the way we used to work.
Christine is very knowledgeable, great to deal with and knows our business well. She is also a sheep & beef farmer so knows the industry really well and understands our needs.
Rural Accountants keeps us on track through strategic and forward planning meetings throughout the year. Christine knows our business inside out so she can deal with our questions instantly.
What Our Customers Think
I used to work out my GST and process it manually which would take me at least a full day every two months. The team set up reconcilliation rules and other quick tools, and showed me how to do all my reconcilliations and process my GST returns through Xero which now takes me no time at all!
As a farmer, Christine understands our business and how farmers and growers operate.
We use Rural Accountants to provide a full accounting service to an orcharding partnership which operates a number of orchards with a wide spread of varieties and management systems. Rural Accountants are always timely and accurate, and their annual financial accounts are extremely easy to understand and very grower-friendly.