Paying Your Taxes by Cash or EFTPOS at Westpac
When you make tax payments at a Westpac branch or Smart ATM, you will now need to have a barcode to ensure the payment goes to the right place.
Barcodes are usually printed on Inland Revenue returns, statements or letters. You can also create a barcode on the IRD website for printing or presenting on your mobile device.
To generate a barcode go to ird.govt.nz/barcode
Other payment options
The other usual payment options are also available, including:
- myIR: Direct debit and card payments can be made securely through myIR online services.
- Online banking: Through your bank's website.
- Credit or debit card via our website: Credit or debit cards can be used to make online payments.
- Self-service phone line: Credit or debit cards can also be used to make payments via our self-service phoneline 24/7.
- Automatic payments: Online or in-branch payments are not for everyone, so automatic payments might be better. It allows for two signatories, and when completed correctly is an instruction to make a regular series of payments, such as debt or arrears.
Find out more at ird.govt.nz/payelectronically
As a farmer, Christine understands our business and how farmers and growers operate.
We use Rural Accountants to provide a full accounting service to an orcharding partnership which operates a number of orchards with a wide spread of varieties and management systems. Rural Accountants are always timely and accurate, and their annual financial accounts are extremely easy to understand and very grower-friendly.
Rural Accountants is a real asset to our business.
The team at Rural Accountants pretty much manage all our administrative tasks for the group including payroll and tax planning, ensuring we don’t pay any more than necessary. They are at the forefront of technology and have helped us get up and running with Xero and Figured which is much more efficient than the way we used to work.
Christine is very knowledgeable, great to deal with and knows our business well. She is also a sheep & beef farmer so knows the industry really well and understands our needs.
Rural Accountants keeps us on track through strategic and forward planning meetings throughout the year. Christine knows our business inside out so she can deal with our questions instantly.